Las vigasAnd January 6 2022 /PRNewswire/ – making CES history, Abbott (NYSE: ABT) gave a keynote speech at the world’s most influential tech event, the first healthcare company to ever do so.
Chairman and CEO of Abbott Corporation Robert B. Ford The event was titled “Human-Driven Health: Unleashing Your Potential”.
“Technology gives us the ability to digitize, decentralize, democratize healthcare, and create a common language between you and your doctor – and put more control of your health in your hands,” said Mr. Ford. “We are creating a future that will provide you and your loved ones with more personalized and meticulous care. It’s happening now. Its possibilities are nothing short of fantastic.”
Language – Speak your unique body language
During the keynote, the company announced that it is developing a new class of bioavailable consumer wearable devices called LingoI. These wearables are designed to translate your unique body language into actionable data to help you track and measure your overall health and wellness. The sensor technology is designed to track key signals in the body such as glucose, ketones and lactate, and could one day also be used to track alcohol levels.
“It would be like having a window into your body,” said Mr. Ford. “It’s the knowledge that you’ll be able to access it at any time so you can understand what your body is telling you and what it needs. Our vision is that Lingo will go beyond today’s consumer wearables to help you proactively manage your health, nutrition, and athletic performance.”
Lingo . extends Abbott sensor technology platform Abbott It pioneered in 2014 for Diabetics, allowing people to constantly monitor their glucose levels using a small sensor in the back of the upper arm. Actress and comedian Sherry Shepherd She shared live on CES stage how FreeStyle Libre 2 changed her life, giving her glucose readings right on her smartphone.Secondlyher body so she can make healthy decisions.
Abbott He then built this technology platform to develop a product designed for athletes by launching Libre Sense Glucose Sport Biowearable in 2020.Third in a Europe. Elite athletes, like marathon world record holder Eliud Kipchoge, use this biological ability to improve how they fuel their bodies for rigorous training. Lingo aims to expand glucose monitoring for people looking to manage their weight, sleep better, improve energy, and think clearer.
Abbott Lingo is designed to measure biomarkers other than glucose in the future. Bio-usable ketones are being developed to continually track ketones, see how quickly you get into ketosis, and understand exactly what keeps you there by providing insights into dieting and weight loss. The wearable lactate is bio-developed to track continuous lactate accumulation during exercise, which can be used as an indicator of athletic performance.
Beyond those who have shown human influence Abbott Sensors, Mr. Ford joined on stage by people whose lives were affected Abbott devices, partners rallied to deliver seamless and secure travel experiences and other industry visionaries.
- Tyrone Morris, a heart failure patient who was given six months to live, shared his story of how he overcame the odds thanks to three separate Abbott Hardware: HeartMate 3Fourthly, CardioMEMSFifth An implantable defibrillator. Today, Morris owns a barbecue catering business and food trucks in humble, texasIt specializes in low-sodium recipes.
- Managing Director of Hospitality and Planning at United Airlines Aaron MacMillan friendship. Patrice HarrisCo-Founder and CEO of eMed, a digital health company that democratizes healthcare through Digital-Point-of-Care™ Statute, how did they meet with him Abbott To help people fly with confidence and comfort with BinaxNOW COVID-19 home testswe. United customers can take controlled tests when traveling and confirm these results easily through Abbott The NAVICA application has been verified by United’s Readiness Travel Center.
- Doctor. Fiona Gupta Mount Sinai Health System in New York She highlighted how she uses NeuroSphere Virtual Clinic, a technology the first of its kind in the US that provides people with remote deep brain stimulation so that clinicians can optimize and adjust treatments over cellular network or Wi-Fi while Parkinson’s and chronic pain patients consult with them. From the comfort of their living rooms.
- head University of Southern California Body computing center d. Leslie Saxon She shared her vision for “Caring for Life,” which addresses everything from preventing sudden deaths to improving human performance.
- Doctor. Mary Rodgers, And Abbott Virus hunter, we shared how a network is a first of its kind called the Abbott Alliance for Pandemic Defense – spanning from Brazil to Senegal to Thailand It identifies new viruses and helps stop them before they spread.
- Dr. Hakim Bozmundo, Head of Nutrition Research and Development at AbbottIn this article, we shared how the science behind the microbiome can improve overall health through personalized nutrition.
Important safety indications and information
FreeStyle Libre System 2: Failure to use the FreeStyle Libre 2 as instructed on the labels may result in loss of a very low or high glucose event and/or treatment decision, resulting in injury. If your glucose alarms and readings don’t match your symptoms or expectations, use the fingerprint value from your blood glucose meter to make treatment decisions. Seek medical attention when appropriate or call Abbott at 855-632-8658 or FreeStyleLibre.us for safety information.
Abbott is a leading global healthcare company that helps people live fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the healthcare scale, with leading companies and products in branded diagnostics, medical devices, nutrition and generics. Our 109,000 employees serve in more than 160 countries.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on LinkedIn at www.linkedin.com/company/abbott-/, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott, and on Twitter @AbbottNews.
I The Lingo family of products is under development and is not intended for medical use. They are not intended for use in screening, diagnosing, treating, curing, mitigating, preventing, or monitoring diseases. Lingo range of products are not for sale in the US
Secondly FreeStyle Libre 2 is only compatible with some mobile devices and operating systems. Please check our website for more information on device compatibility before using the app. Use of FreeStyle Libre 2 requires registration with LibreView.
Third The Libre Sense Biosensor is not available in . format United State Not intended for medical use.
Fourthly HeartMate 3 Left ventricular Assist System is indicated for the provision of short- and long-term mechanical circulatory support to adult and pediatric patients with refractory left ventricular heart failure with an adequate body surface area. Before using this device, please review the instructions for use at https://www.cardiovascular.abbott/us. The opinions expressed are those of the patient.
Fifth The CardioMEMS™ HF system is indicated for wireless measurement and monitoring of pulmonary artery pressure (PA) and heart rate in New York Heart Association (NYHA) Class III heart failure patients who have been hospitalized with heart failure in the previous year. Circulation data is used by clinicians to manage heart failure and to reduce hospital admissions due to heart failure. Before using this device, please review the instructions for use at https://www.cardiovascular.abbott/us. The opinions expressed are those of the patient.
we BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Virus Ag Card Home Test It has an Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) from the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA). This product has not been cleared or approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) but has been authorized by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) under the European Union Agreement (EUA). This product is only licensed for the detection of proteins from SARS-CoV-2, and not for any other viruses or pathogens. This product is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that there are conditions that justify authorization of emergency use of IVD devices for the detection and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 under Section 564(b)(1) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, 21 USC § 360bbb-3(b) (1), unless the declaration is terminated or the authorization revoked sooner.