Education innovation department
Junior Instructional Designer
Roles Participation Level 9
In pursuit of the ideals of excellence and diversity, the University of Pretoria wishes to invite applications for the following vacancy.
The University of Pretoria’s commitment to quality makes us one of the best research universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in the development of international science and technology.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Instructional design of educational materials and electronic assessment, interactive digital content – and web products as well as mobile applications;
- Ongoing liaison and coordination with academic staff, project leaders, project managers as well as other players for the successful progress and completion of e-learning projects;
- Contribute to e-learning change management and communication through effective relationships with stakeholders, development of education technology support materials and maintenance of help sites, contributing to departmental teaching and learning documentation, online awareness campaigns and career consulting;
- Provide ongoing support to employees regarding technical aspects and educational use of e-learning and e-learning technologies
- Assisting lecturers during training workshops in the field of educational technology;
- Collaborate on research projects from updates in existing technologies to testing, evaluating and piloting new technologies.
- An honors degree in Computer Integrated Education/Digital Content Design or related field of study in an applicable postgraduate degree or equivalent qualification with two years of relevant work experience;
- Knowledge in the application of learning theories and instructional design and
Principles of electronic assessment in e-learning, blended learning, or blended learning in a higher education environment.
- Knowledge regarding innovative design and creation of quality teaching/learning environments for successful e-learning, including mobile learning;
- Knowledge and experience in using a learning management system, such as Blackboard, Moodle, or recognized LMS;
- Some experience in instructional design in at least one instructional authoring program;
- Experience in facilitating learning.
Required Competencies (Skills, Knowledge, Behavioral Attributes):
- Ability to visualize e-learning solutions in a higher education environment;
- The ability to identify the training and educational needs of the lecturers in preparation for the application of e-learning.
- Ability to contribute to teams consisting of role players from various academic departments and support/experience areas;
- Ability to work under pressure and handle a variety of tasks or projects simultaneously;
- supportive of colleagues, faculty, and students;
- high level of computer literacy;
- Appropriate language and communication skills. Understand, write and speak English fluently
Added features and preferences:
- At least one year of experience in higher education;
- Knowledge and/or experience in the natural and agricultural or economic and management sciences;
- At least one year of experience developing e-learning and assessment materials
- Experience using Joomla.
Please note: All shortlisted candidates may be required to participate in relevant skills assessments as part of the selection process.
The annual remuneration package will be proportional to the incumbent’s recruitment level, as determined by UP policy guidelines. UP participates in the BESTMED and UMVUZO medical assistance schemes and contributes 50% of the applicable monthly premium.
Applicants are requested to apply online at www.up.ac.za, and follow the link: Careers @ UP..
When applying for this job, please attach:
- Comprehensive CV
- certified copies of qualifications;
- The names, email addresses and telephone details of three referees with whom we have permission to contact.
final date: January 26 2022
No application will be considered after the closing date, or if it does not comply with at least the minimum requirements.
Inquiries: Contact, Email: Khensani.firstname.lastname@example.org for application-related inquiries, and Ms. Detken Scheepers, Email: Dekten.Scheepers@up.ac.za for mail-related inquiries.
If you have not heard from the University of Pretoria by 30 March 2022, please accept that your application has not been successful.
The University of Pretoria is committed to employment equity and diversity.
In accordance with the University’s Employment Equity Plan and its goals and objectives for employment equality, preference may be given, without limitation, to candidates from designated groups with low representation.
All candidates who comply with the recruitment requirements are invited to apply. All candidates agree to undergo verification of personal credentials.
The University of Pretoria reserves the right not to fill advertised positions.