The project includes the design and evaluation of an AC/DC distribution network for medium voltage applications. The project will require you to work closely with professional engineers and management. It will allow you to develop research expertise in renewable energy integration, electric vehicle integration and energy storage system.
You will be asked:
- Take responsibility for the concept, design, analysis, modeling, verification and simulation of MV DC networks and their control using AC networks
- Take responsibility for the concept, design, analysis, modeling and simulation of power electronics systems used in network applications
- Work synergistically with PI and other stakeholders
- Publication of research results in high-impact journals
- Project management and operation
- Participate in technology development to increase the level of technological readiness towards manufacturability.
- Ensure that the system design complies with current certification electronic and electrical standards.
- Provide support to a team of engineers in solving multidisciplinary problems, including preparing documents and presenting results of analyzes/tests to peers and clients.
- Conduct high-quality research, propose research ideas of their own, and be an active member of the department.
- At least a PhD in Electrical Engineering
- Possess knowledge and research experience in power electronics and power systems at the distribution level.
- Proven experience with EDA PSCAD / EMTP, Ansys and MATLAB / Simulink tools.
- Has knowledge in computer modeling of power systems and electronic power transformers
- Experience of power system analysis and control of distribution systems.
- Experience in controlling and modeling power transformer systems
- Knowledge of renewable energy and energy storage systems
- Has skills in writing technical presentations and presentation.
- Ability to plan, organize well and meet deadlines.
- Do the research in a multidisciplinary team.
- Good analytical skills, and good project management skills will be required.
- Open for a fixed term contract
LocationKent Ridge Campus
Department, Departments : electrical and computer engineering
Eligible Employee Referral: number
Job application ID: 8410